Overseas limited partnership ceasing business in New Zealand

What to do when ceasing business in New Zealand

When an overseas limited partnership intends to cease business in New Zealand, it's required to give public notice of that intention in the New Zealand Gazette, and at least one major newspaper circulating in the area of its principal place of business.

Information you'll need to provide

When ceasing business in New Zealand, you'll need to provide the following information:

  • the name of the overseas limited partnership and registration number
  • the full name and address of the applicant
  • the date on which public notice was given
  • the date on which it will cease to do business in New Zealand
  • the full name, postal address, email address and phone number of the presenter.

How to notify us when ceasing business

The general partner, or any other person permitted by the overseas limited partnership, can apply to us by completing, and uploading, form LP14. The form must be signed by or on behalf of the overseas limited partnership.

To lodge the document, use the 'Lodge Other General Documents' service:

  1. Log in to your online services account.
  2. On the dashboard, select the limited partnership from your 'My Businesses' list.
  3. From the menu, select 'Maintain Limited Partnership' and choose 'Lodge Other General Documents'.
  4. Select 'LP14 Notice of Intention to cease to carry on business in New Zealand' from the document list.
  5. Upload the document and click 'Submit'.
Go to your Business Registers dashboard

All help topics