Authority is required to manage and update information about a limited partnership on the New Zealand and overseas limited partnership registers.
Who can apply for authority
To request authority to manage information on behalf of an organisation, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an organisation account with the Business Registers.
In the case of limited partnerships, only one active authority is permitted.
How to request authority
To request authority, log in to your online services account, search for the limited partnership by name, number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and follow these steps.
- Select ‘Request authority’ from the top of the screen.
- Upload the letter of authorisation.
- Tick the checkbox to confirm declaration.
- Submit your request.
Letter of authorisation
The letter of authorisation should confirm the following:
- the name and NZBN of the limited partnership you are acting for
- your name and contact details
- that you have authority to act on behalf of the limited partnership
[LINK TO PDF] Letter of Authorisation for Limited Partnership
The following template sets out the information your must provide.
The role of the account administrator
Once an organisation account has been created on the Business Registers and authority has been granted, the account administrator can permit others within their organisation to access and update information. This is done by adding or removing users for that account.